Machine Tool Workshop
Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are available for each job/work assigned.
- Co-ordinate purchase manager, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Tracking production and check job estimates.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the production head.
- Work with the Head-production to investigate complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the departments.
Desired Candidate Profile
Skills and Experience: Knowledge of Hydraulics/Electrical/Mechanical or Production Engineering degree with 4-5 years of work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- People management skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Quality and productivity focused
- Strong knowledge of workshop machinery and their productivity
Desired Candidate Profile:
Number of vacancy: