Resolved Operational Glitches And Improved Production With Just One Change
About the Client
Based out of Faridabad (Delhi NCR), Indus Trading Corp. is a prime new age paper scrap trading firmfocused on production of bales of waste paper which are directed to paper mills to get recycled into brown paper.
From the very start, the organization was driven by the objective of optimal utilization of resources for maximum possible output. However, inefficient machines and the inevitable component of human error was keeping the team from achieving their set targets. Several factors prompted the management to seek a solution that would help bridge the gap between the set goals and the resulting outcome of efforts.
Recycling, waste management, and sustainability have become undeniable priorities for businesses of all sizes. Recycling not only helps save natural resources like trees, water, and oil, but also conserves energy, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and allows the free landfill space to be used by other types of trash that are impossible to recycle.
With that in mind, our clientsset up a warehouse where they could bale anywhere 500 to 1000 ton waste paper every month. However, a number of reasons kept them from achieving their defined target. The size of the baling machine was small and it could not even churn out the promised volume of product despite working to full capacity. The machine consumed a large amount of electricity and required a lot of time to process the waste to produce bales. The machines were highly labour-intensive and needed to be continuously manned and a large workforce was required all the time. Shortage of workers and irregular hours put in by them was another reason that was leading to decreased and uncertain output. At the same time, it was becoming increasingly difficult to manage a large workforce 365 days a year and 8-12 hours a day. Cases of theft were becoming quite routine in the warehouse, and operations were suffering. The decreased production was a source of great worry for the client and he decided to seek solutions.
While the client was convinced that the company needed bigger machines with greater capacity and lesser requirement of manual intervention, he was unable to select a machine that met all requirements and was within budget. The client looked at machines in U.S., Europe, Taiwan, and China; he even looked at second-hand machines in Germany which were 10-30 years old – but realised that all these machines were exorbitantly priced and did not provide the quality that he sought.
The client was looking for a big baler machine that could bale up to 1000 tons per day with minimum human intervention. Taking the client’s unique requirements into consideration, Advance Hydrau Tech suggested the use of an Advance Automatic Baler.
Advance automatic balers are the perfect choice for handling large quantity of paper waste. The automatic baler has a capacity for processing 20 tons per hour. There is no need to employ a large workforce to operate this machine as everything from feeding of the waste input to the compaction and ejection of final product is automated. Bale weight and size can be programmed through a simple and easy to use panel, making the machine ideal for the client as they were dealing with the problem of bales being under-reported and stolen. With the help of this feature, the client could know the exact number and volume of the bales produced as well as transported.
The machine maximized production as it guaranteed high speed, low cost, and less downtime.
- The dependence on manual labour reduced, thus eliminating the need for a large workforce and constant monitoring.
- The advance automatic baler has a processing power of up to 20 tons per hour. Thus the production per day increased by 400% as the client could run the machine all day.
- The machines optimally utilised resources like electricity, thus bringing down the cost.
- Two people could easily run the operations as the machine required one person to feed the waste paper and one person to collect and count the bales. This enabled the client to run the warehouse with minimum staff.
- The conversion cost came down drasticallydue to the reduced need for manpower and increased machine capacity.
- The machine made it simpler for the client to run his business as he no longer needed to micromanage the tasks, and could rely on the state-of-art automation that the machine promised.
- The machine enabled the client to quash the problems of theft in the warehouse. The input and output at end of the day could be easily matched to ascertain any malpractice in the warehouse.
- The quality of product improved and became consistently good.
- The client was able to get all the desired features without spending exorbitant sums of money.
- The client could rely on the professionalism and experience of the staff at Advance Hydrau Tech and could get expert service and technical support by the extremely responsive team in an expedited manner.
Conclusion / Summary
Advance Automatic Baler helped the client increase production, reduce conversion cost, better manage warehouse operations, and produce quality product without burning a hole in his pocket. He was able to reduce manpower requirement by 90% – and thus avoid a number of stumbling blocks to his success. The client is now focusing on expansion plans with the help of superior quality machines and expert service from Advance Hydrau-Tech.